Cultural Heritage Grants of 2011 Have Been Announced
On September 21 the Via Foundation's Cultural Heritage Evaluation committee selected 17 projects out of 57 grant applications to restore and preserve monuments throughout the Czech Republic. There was CZK 618,000 to be divided, although the total amount requested of Cultural Heritage Fund has reached CZK 2,683,513.
For the first time in the Fund's history the additional project has been supported thanks to the support of Přerovský spouses who became patrons of the selected project. The total support for all 17 projects therefore amounted to CZK 657,674. The 2011 recipients are listed below. Thanks to all donors to the Fund - through the contributions these monuments will come back to life!
List of Cultural Heritage Grants of 2011
- Val Village and Junák - Association of Scouts and Guides of the Czech Republic (Veselí nad Lužnicí), South Bohemian Region – Renewal of the Valy Cross, originally crafted in 1764.
- The Club for Old Bruntál, Moravian-Silesian Region – Reconstruction of White Cross between Bruntál and Staré Město from 1854.
- The Town of Český Brod, Central Bohemian Region – Reconstruction of Triangular Niche Chapel of St. Blasius, built in 1729.
- Denemark - Civic Association, Central Bohemian Region – Reconstruction of Niche Chapel of Saints Peter and Paul in Kutná Hora from the 19th century.
- Sobčice Village, Hradec Králové Region – Reconstruction of Sculpture of Saint Jude the Apostle from 1761.
- Bezdružic - Civic Association, Hradec Králové Region – Restoration of Barrow Cross in the village of Stará Ves/Vysoké nad Jizerou, built 1809.
- Roman-Catholic Parish of Bořislav, Ústí nad Labem Region – Reconstruction of the Wall in the Saint Lawrence Church Complex in Bžany - Hradiště from 1691, rebuilt 1769.
- Abbey Chotěšov - Lesovna, Plzeň Region – Restoration and Preservation of the Historic Monastery Gate in Chotěšov, originally crafted 1202–1210.
- Small Monuments of Southern Bohemia, South Bohemian Region – Reconstruction of Atrial Chapel Šramovka on the Road from the Čížkrajice to Klažary, date of origin unknown.
- Small Monuments of Nothern Bohemia, Liberec Region – Reconstruction of Niche Chapel near the town of Mikulášovice, date of origin unknown.
- The Town of Mikulášovice, Ústí nad Labem Region – Reconstruction of Fürle Chapel, date of origin 1733.
- Chvojensko - Civic Association, Ústí nad Labem Region – Recovery of the Cross near the town of Arnultovice, date of origin unknown.
- Village of Markvartice, Hradec Králové Region – Reconstruction of the Deterioration Mortuary, built at the beginning of 18th century.
- Za Opavu - Civic Association, Moravian-Silesian Region – Recovery of Roderich Chaple in Dubová, built 1840.
- Regio Pošumaví - Civic Association, South Bohemian Region – Reconstruction of Three Crucifixes in the Němětice Cadastral of the second half of the 19th century.
- The Woodcraft League, Central Bohemian Region – Reconstruction of Stone Cross in Michalovy Hory, originally crafted in 1852.
- Civic Association for Relief and Develoment of Nové Město pod Smrkem Area, Liberec Region – Restoration of the Cross in the Garden of Evangelical Church in Nové Město pod Smrkem, approximately 100 years old.